What is Managed IT?
Managed Services is the systematic management of IT (Information Technology) such as computers, servers, printers and other network-related equipment, by an outsourced service provider.
Managed service providers (MSP) monitor, supervise and secure outsourced network or application procedures on behalf of the organizations subscribing to these services. MSPs have specialized technology solutions, staffing resources and experience, and they provide continuous system health monitoring and other services to meet the needs of their clients.
Typically, MSPs delivering managed services will have the following traits and characteristics:
- Have some form of central control center
- Have the ability to provide Help Desk support and services
- Be able to remotely monitor and manage all or a majority of the IT systems for their customers
- Proactively, as opposed to reactively, maintain the IT systems to the level defined in the service agreement
- Deliver solutions with some form of predictable, monthly billing model
Learn how PCTECH can monitor and repair your computer, minimizing downtime with the PRIME system.